Individual Income Tax
COVID-19 Updates for Individual Income Tax
- Call center services: Available.
- Self-service options: Available
- Online at Where's My Refund?
- Over the phone at 517-636-4486
- View the Treasury COVID-19 page for additional information.
- Read Guidance About Amended Income Tax Returns for Unemployment Income Reasons
- Notice: Treatment of Unemployment Compensation for Tax Year 2020
- Updated Notice: Automatic Extension to May 17, 2021 for Individual and Composite State Income Tax Returns Originally Due on April 15, 2021
The Michigan Department of Treasury does not administer the federal stimulus program or have any information regarding federal stimulus payments. The Internal Revenue Service administers this program and encourages taxpayers to visit www.IRS.gov for the most current information on the second round of federal stimulus payments, including checking the status of a payment.
Individuals who are eligible for unemployment tax treatment due to the federal American Rescue Plan Act and have yet to adjust their 2020 state individual income tax return are encouraged to file their amended returns as soon as possible. An amended state tax return could reduce the amount of tax owed or provide a tax refund for 2020 state individual income taxes.