We will be moving to another state. Will a driver education certificate of completion received in Michigan be recognized by another state?

There is no automatic reciprocity with other states with regard to driver education coursework and completion certificates. You will need to contact the licensing agency in the other state to see if they will accept the course work and/or certificate.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.