My child took driver education in another state. Will his permit/license be accepted in Michigan? Who do I talk to about it?

It might be accepted. You will want to telephone the Information Center at 1-888-SOS-MICH (1-888-767-6424). The student will be directed to submit specific paperwork directly to the department's Central Office or to visit a branch office, depending on the specific situation. If it is not accepted, the student will need to enroll in Segment 1 of an approved driver education program.



If you did not find the information you need, enter a descriptive word or phrase in the Search field located in the upper right corner. Or send us an e-mail by clicking on “Contact the Secretary of State” also in the upper right corner and we will help you get the information you need.