Mi Lead Safe
When lead is swallowed, it can cause health problems. Swallowing lead can be a serious issue for children because their bodies and nervous systems are still developing. Too much lead can cause problems with:
The only way to know if you have a recent or on-going exposure to lead is to get a blood lead test. During a blood lead test, a small amount of blood is taken from the finger or arm and tested for lead. Two types of blood tests may be used.
Talk with your healthcare provider about getting a blood lead test for you or your children. If you do not have a healthcare provider, contact your local health department to discuss their available services for blood lead testing. If you have other questions about blood lead testing, please call the MDHHS Childhood Lead Poisoning Prevention Program at 517-335-8885 or email them at MDHHS-CLPPP@michigan.gov.
|Know the facts about lead||Well fed means less lead (brochure)||
|Adult exposure to lead||Older adults exposure to lead|