Institutional Review Board
- MDHHS IRB Announces Important Changes to Required Human Research Protections Training
- MDHHS IRB Replaces COVID-19 Related Restrictions with Guidance on In-Person Research Participant Interactions
- What is the MDHHS Institutional Review Board and What Activities Need MDHHS IRB Review?
Overview of the MDHHS IRB.
- Contact the MDHHS IRB
Contact information for MDHHS IRB
- Approved Policies and Procedures
- Protecting Research Participants and the Michigan Department of Health and Human Services Institutional Review Board A detailed description of the IRB process
- Find resources about recent changes to the rules protecting human research subjects.
A list of common questions and answers posted by the federal Office for Human Research Protections about revised regulations currently in effect.
Information for New Applications
- Selecting an Application and Applying
Information to help new applicants choose and submit the correct application to the MDHHS IRB
- Required Human Research Protections Training
Guidelines for Human Research Protections Training
- IRB Initial Review Application
- IRB Abbreviated Initial Review Application
Assistance With Informed Consent
- MDHHS IRB Guidance on Informed Consent
Description of the requirements for informed consent in research, including new information from the 2018 Common Rule
- MDHHS IRB Guidance on Requesting a Waiver of Informed Consent Requirements
Description of the requirements to waive informed consent regulations, including new information from the 2018 Common Rule.
Requirements After Approval
- Procedures for Continuing Review of Full Committee Approved Research
- Application for Continuation of Approval Form - Non-Exempt
This form can be used to request continued approval of research approved by the full committee or research approved by expedited review under the pre-2018 Common Rule requirements.
- Research Status or Closure - DCH-1279
This form can be used to update the IRB on the status of exempt research, research approved under the 2018 Common Rule on an expedited basis, or it can be used to close any study.
- What Should I Do if I Want to Make Changes to Approved Research?
How to make changes to approved research.
- Research Revision Request - DCH-1478
This form can be used to request changes to previously approved research.