Welcome to MDARD's Licensing, Certification and Registration Page

  • For MDARD Licensing Information, Call 800-292-3939

    The department licenses a wide variety of businesses and services. Below you will find a list of them by TYPE, and also in ALPHABETICAL order. Not sure what license you need? Check out the LICENSING DECISION TREE. There is also a link below to help you replace a LOST OR MISPLACED license. If you still can't find what you're looking for, call us at 800-292-3939 and someone will be glad to assist you.

Online Licensing Services

  • Licensing Portal System (LPS)

    Click the link above for information on how to apply online for the following license types using MDARD's Licensing Portal System:

    • Dairy
    • Food Establishment
    • Grain Dealer
    • Nursery
    • Retail Motor Fuel Quality

    Additional license types and functionality will be available in LPS in the future.

Additional Services

  • Find Businesses Licensed by MDARD

    Find a licensed firm in Michigan, from pesticide businesses to retail establishments, and more.

  • Search for Michigan Licenses and Permits

    Not every business in Michigan is required to be licensed by the State of Michigan. To find out if your new venture could require a state license, use this search feature to search our licenses list to see if you need a license or permit.

License Types

  • Agricultural Products

    Information on licensing Michigan Ag Products, including christmas trees, fertilizer and liming, grain dealers, nursery, and wholesale potato dealer.

  • Animal Related Licensing

    Information on licensing animal feed, pet shops, riding stables, fish farms, and more.

  • Food Industries

    Information on all types of food licensing, certifications and registrations. From dairy related to grocery stores, and more.

  • Horse Breeder/Owner Awards Program

    For the registration of horses, breeders and owners so as to render them eligible for racing and breeder/owner awards.

  • Industrial Hemp

    The Michigan Department of Agriculture and Rural Development is charged with certifying sites where industrial hemp is to be grown under the authority of the federal Agriculture Act of 2014 and the state Industrial Hemp Research Act of 2014.

  • Migrant Labor Housing

    Good migrant labor housing is an essential element in securing an adequate supply of seasonal agricultural workers.

  • Pesticides

    Information on Integrated Pest Management (IPM), pesticide registration, certification, and licensing of business, personnel and the pesticides themselves.

  • Retail Motor Fuel Outlet

    Retail Motor Fuel Outlet licensing information, applications and forms.

  • Weights & Measures

    Information on Weights & Measures service person and agency registration, as well as weights and measures advisories.