ARPA Grant Updates:
The Library of Michigan has awarded ARPA funds from the Institute of Museum and Library Services primarily through two grant programs - the ARPA Capacity Grant and the ARPA Equipment Grant. This section is the Equipment grant. The ARPA Equipment grants were made to twenty-one public libraries in the amount of $1,263,886. You can see an overview of the grant awards in the Library of Michigan ARPA Grants Overview.
The Institute of Museum and Library Services has awarded the Library of Michigan (LM) $4,171,573 from the American Rescue Plan Act (Public Law 117-2). To achieve the American Rescue Plan Act's purposes, this funding is to be used by September 30, 2022, in helping communities respond directly and immediately to the pandemic, as well as to related economic and community needs through equitable approaches.
The ARPA spending priorities are:
a. First, to enable libraries to reach residents with internet hotspots, accessible Wi-Fi, and other digital inclusion efforts, particularly in support of education, health, and workforce development needs.
The following types of data, among others, can inform efforts to reach underserved populations:
- Poverty / Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Broadband availability;
b. Second, to provide rapid emergency relief to libraries across the country, allowing them to safely respond to the pandemic and implement public health protocols.
To meet these requirements, LM will work to assist public libraries provide improved access to the Internet for their community, while maintaining a safe environment for staff and patrons. ARPA funding distributed through the Institute of Museum and Library Services (IMLS) also falls under IMLS' authorizing legislation, including that construction costs are not allowable.
Library of Michigan ARPA Equipment Grant Program Priorities:
- Increase the capacity of Michigan libraries to safely provide services to community members;
- Increase the capacity of Michigan libraries to safely provide content to community members.
Eligible applicants are legally established Michigan public libraries that are eligible for state aid at the time of application.
- Minimum Award: $25,000
- Maximum Award: $250,000
The grant period is from August 2021 to September 30, 2022.
Application Webinar - June 22, 2021, 2:00 PM
Grant Review - July 2021
Grants Awarded - August 2021
- Grant purchasing may not start until the grant contract start date
Grant Administration Webinar: TBA
California State Library Recorded Webinars on Outreach Vehicle Planning
- Library Mobile Outreach (Part One): A Practical Guide for Selecting the Correct Vehicle for Your Library
- Library Mobile Outreach (Part Two): A Guide for Selecting the Correct Options and Features for Your New Vehicle
- Bringing the Library to You! Mobile Library Solutions Grant (if only I had known…)
Forms and Documents
- ARPA Equipment Grant Program Application Information
- ARPA Equipment Grant Program Timeline
- Application Form - CIPA Form and Certifications and Assurances - For Online Submission Only
- Application and Active Grant Form - Budget Worksheet - For Online Submission Only
- ARPA Equipment Grant Program Grant Administration Manual
- Active Grant Form - Time Keeping Report - For Online Submission Only
- Active Grant Form - Travel Reimbursement Form - For Online Submission Only
- Active Grant Form - Reimbursement Request Sample Planning sheet - For Online Submission Only
- Active Grant Form - Equipment Inventory Form - For Online Submission Only
Application is by online form. The application questions are listed in the ARPA Equipment Grant Program Application Information document above. Read the Application Information document before submitting an application. If you have further questions, you can participate in the application webinar before applying. The necessary certifications (CIPA form and Certifications & Assurances) are included in the Application Information document and are also posted above. Print and sign the certifications and submit them online within the application.
APPLY FOR A GRANT OR SUBMIT GRANT FORMS
- SUBMIT APPLICATION - CLOSED
- Return to an Application and/or Submit a Reimbursement or Report.
Please contact Karren Reish at 517-241-0021 or firstname.lastname@example.org with questions on the program.
- SUBMIT APPLICATION - CLOSED