- State Aid to Public Libraries Application Process
STATE AID FY2021
The new state aid rates have been computed for FY2021. One million dollars has been added to the FY2021 distribution, bring the total amount of State Aid to public Libraries to $13,067.700. Per capita breakdown of $.4299853 for direct and indirect state aid to public libraries. Cooperative per capita of $.4299853 and a density payment of $8.00 per square mile.
The FY2020 Public Library Annual Report/State Aid Application report will be available for submission from October 1, 2020 and close on February 1, 2021. Payments will be processed as follows: 1st 50% payment will be made after your state aid/annual report is reviewed ($.214993 per capita) The remaining 50% will be paid after July 1, 2021. Please note that state aid reports are reviewed in the order that they are received. Reviews and first payments will begin after March 1, 2021.
STATE AID ELIGIBILITY INFORMATION
Libraries that are ineligible for State Aid to Public Libraries are not eligible to receive LSTA grant funding from the Library Michigan and can not be certified as an eligible entity for the federal E-Rate program. For additional details review grant documentation on the LSTA page and information on the E-Rate page. Additional LSTA funded programs and services may also be restricted. Please contact the Library of Michigan Library Development Department for additional information.
- FY 2021 State Aid Payments to Public Libraries
- FY 2021 State Aid Payments to Library Cooperatives
- FY 2020 State Aid Payments to Public Libraries
- FY 2020 State Aid Payments to Library Cooperatives
- FY 2019 State Aid Payments to Public Libraries
- FY 2019 State Aid Payments to Library Cooperatives
- FY 2018 State Aid Payments to Public Libraries
- FY 2018 State Aid to Library Cooperatives
- FY 2017 State Aid Payments to Public Libraries
- FY 2017 State Aid Payments to Library Cooperatives
- Historical Comparison of State Aid Grants (1998 to 2017) to Public Libraries and Cooperatives
- State Aid Per Capita Rates 1998-2019
- State Aid Eligibility: Staffing Requirements by Library Class Size
- Michigan Public Libraries by Governance and Class Size
- Fillable County Library Reimbursable Salary Form
- State Aid Act (PA 89 of 1977)
Specific legislative language of the State Aid to Public Libraries Act of 1977.