- Young Professionals 2022 Initiative Request for Proposal
The Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity, Workforce Development (LEO-WD) is soliciting proposals for funding to support employment preparation and placement programming for young adults throughout the state.
The purpose of the Young Professionals initiative is to increase career awareness and preparation while reducing youth unemployment. This will be accomplished by introducing under-represented young adults, ages 14-24, to the world of work while providing participants and their families with income. Combined services will place young adults on the right path to gain the skills necessary to achieve lifelong economic self-sufficiency.
Responses are due by COB Thursday, February 3, 2022.
- Michigan Statewide Pre-Apprenticeship "Ready for Construction" Program (MiSPARC Program) Request for Proposal (RFP)
The Michigan Department of Labor and Economic Opportunity, Workforce Development (LEO-WD) will expand and diversify the states' talent pool through the Michigan Statewide Pre-Apprenticeship "Ready for Construction" (MiSPARC) Program. The program will connect more than 640 unemployed and underemployed individuals, with priority for underrepresented populations in economically distressed communities, with training to help them achieve employment in the expanding building trades and transportation sectors of the construction industry.
To accomplish this, LEO-WD, with investment of Fiscal Year 2021-22 budget funds, issues the MiSPARC Program Request for Proposals (RFP), anticipating one grant award for $8 million with a grant period of performance from the date of award, through March 30, 2024.
DATE ACTIVITY Thursday, January 6, 2022 RFP Posted Tuesday, January 11, 2022, 9:00 AM -11:00 AM Pre-Bid Webinar Friday, January 21, 2022, by 11:59 PM EST Deadline for Submission Wednesday, February 16, 2022 Awardees Notified Thursday, February 24, 2022, 9:00 AM -11:00 AM Grant Orientation Meeting
- WARN Notices
- Year to Date WARN Listing
State Plans and Required Reports
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) 2022 Unified State Plan Mid-Cycle Modification
Under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) in accordance with the WIOA Sections 102(c)(3) and 20 Code of Federal Regulation (CFR) 376.130, 34 CFR 361.135, and 34 CFR 463.135, the State of Michigan is providing an opportunity for public comment on, and input into, the 2022 Michigan Unified State Plan Mid-cycle Modification. The plan must meet the requirements described in the WIOA and other published federal guidance for modifications at the end of the first two-year period of any four-year Unified State Plan, identifying changes in labor market and economic conditions, or in other factors affecting the implementation of the plan for all of the core program areas (Titles I-IV).
Comments are due to Voni Booyinga at email@example.com no later than 5:00pm ET on Monday, February 7th. The Unified State Plan Mid-cycle Modification will be submitted for final approval to the United States Department of Labor and the United States Department of Education after the public comment period has closed.
- Program Year 2020 Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act Annual Report
- WIOA Eligible Youth Providers PY21
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) 2020-2023 Unified State Plan and Approved Waivers
On June 23, 2020 the U.S. Department of Labor approved Michigan’s Program Year (PY) 2020 WIOA Unified State Plan, submitted on March 31, 2020. The State plan is valid through June 30, 2024.
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Waivers
On June 23, 2020, the U.S. Department of Labor approved a waiver of statutory and regulatory provisions of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA). Conditions were removed via email notification from USDOL on September 18, 2020.
- FY15-19 JVSG State Plan Program Narrative
- Credential Transparency
Credential Engine provides web-based services in the form of the first centralized, national database to collect current information about credentials, a common description language, and the ability to create customized applications to relay and use credential information.
- Adult Education
- Fidelity Bonding Program of Michigan
- Food Assistance Employment and Training (FAE&T) Program
- Going PRO Training Funds
- High School Equivalency Testing Program Fact Sheet
- Martin Luther King, Jr.▪ César Chávez ▪ Rosa Parks Initiative
- Michigan Talent Districts
- Michigan Works! Business Services Overview
- Michigan's Industry Cluster Approach (MICA)
- Postsecondary Schools Program
- State Monitor Advocate/State Complaint Specialist
- Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) Fact Sheet
- WARN Fact Sheet
- WIOA Dislocated Worker Program
- WIOA Rapid Response Fact Sheet
- Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Adult Program