Unitization Agreements

Unitization agreement maps identify areas of land that parties with interests therein are bound, by agreement, to share investment costs and revenues generated from the production of minerals within the defined boundary. A unit may be created by convention or by order of a state or federal government agency. A unit formed by order of government is called a 'compulsory unit.'

The unitized area is highlighted in yellow and outlined in black, displaying the UA operator, UA name, formation and the UA number associated with the DNR database.

To view a map, select a county from the state map or pick from the list below the map.

Maps update weekly

Mineral Unitization Map