- The Correctional Facilities Administration (CFA) is responsible for the state's prisons, including the Special Alternative Incarceration. CFA has administrative offices in Lansing from which the Deputy Director oversees the network of secure facilities. The network consists of two Assistant Deputy Directors who administer an assigned group of wardens. At the local level, the wardens oversee daily operations of the prisons. CFA also manages several peripheral aspects of facility operation, including prisoner transportation and classification.
- Alphabetical List of Prisons
- Family Information Packet
The Wellness Unit supports the wellness of the MDOC community and the well-being of those who serve.
The unit responds ONLY to employees, retirees, and MDOC staff family members and is unable to respond to inmate related questions or concerns.
Those wishing to contact the MDOC regarding an inmate will find information on our CONTACT MDOC page.
MDOC Employees wishing to learn more about the Employee Wellness Unit can click HERE.
Questions about COVID-19 and the MDOC’s response?
Due to high call volume, numbers may go to voicemail. Please leave a message and a representative from the specific program area will return your call as soon as possible.
Parole and Probation (517) 335-1979
- Release info
- Parole status
- General field questions
Healthcare (517) 335-2263
- Status of prisoner
- COVID related protocols
- Healthcare related questions
Prison (517) 335-1418
- Questions related to PPE supplies
- Questions related to cleaning supplies
- Questions related to physical plant
- General prison related questions
Programming and Education (517) 881-2534
- Questions related to programming
- Questions related to education
General (517) 388-6892 OR (517) 388-6894
- Questions that do not fall into one of the above categories